Thursday, August 6, 2015

BOOF 2015

Last night was an AMAZING experience for me!  My first time attending a Boof tournament.  Not only was I in attendance, I was a co-commentator with Kate Kidwell.

Well folks, I'm a baseball fan; I'm a football fan; I'm a basketball fan; but Boof takes the cake.  I can see why some of the campers want to take it professional.  We could replace Molitor Field with The Paul Molitor Boof Stadium!

The game started fast.  Camper strategies were abundant.  There were the peripheral runners-- although they were sometimes tag-teamed by Boofers.  Campers enclosed themselves in clumps of other running campers.  This method had its downside, as the circle of campers diminished, those in the middle lost their advantage and soon the Boofing began.

As round two began, it appeared that many of our Boofers were losing steam.  While they continued to double-team it and fake left-turn right, there were a lot more misses than hits.  As the game came to a close, faces were smudged with flour, arms marked with Xes, and black socks misaimed and on the ground.  It was a good game with a solid effort on both sides.

One exciting addition to this year's game included a drone recording the the field of play.  Boof officials are discussing the possibility of introducing instant replay on close Boof calls.  But we'll have to wait till next year when the final word comes from the Boof Commisioner's Office.

Until then, signing off.  It was a great 2015 season.  See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment